Baileys Mill


Bailey mill in Delph was built in 3 stages, starting in 1863 with later additions in 1865 and 1871 respectively and was owned by the Mallalieu family who were in the textile business strating with cotton and later moving onto wool.
Despite abandoning works at Bailey Mill in 1999 they moved just up the road to Valley Mill where they remain in business to this day.
The mill was conveniently situated alongside the railway sidings close to Delph Station, at the end of the so-called "Delph Donkey" branch line.

Photo Gallery: Baileys Mill